Last time on Let’s Play Final Fantasy IV, our Batman angstbucket hero made lots of friends.
And lost them.
Let’s review Cecil’s Very Bad Week.
- slaughtered innocent civilians while stealing their Crystal, feels remorse
- lost his position as proud leader of the Red Wings air brigade
- lost faith in / betrayed by the king who raised him as a son
- too stupid to realize the king was using him again for dastardly deeds
- accidentally burned a village to the ground and killed a bunch of summoners
- including the mother of a sweet child he’s now guarding in atonement
- except now he’s lost the child and she’s probably drowned or dead
- attacked by an Octomammoth, which means that somewhere, in some fanfic, Cecil is stuck in tentacle!porn hell
- failed to save the kingdoms of Damcyan and Fabul from assault by the troops he used to command
- three out of four Crystals now in enemy hands thanks to his failures
- best friend has betrayed and tried to kill him
- girlfriend nearly died, then kidnapped by villain just to torment Cecil
- shipwrecked on the way to rescue said girlfriend
- as far as Cecil knows, the friends he dragged along on that rescue mission are dead
- girlfriend is gorgeous and underdressed, yet he’s trapped inside armor that requires Jaws of Life to remove, so they probably haven’t even made it to first base
- he’s named Cecil Harvey.
Ouch. Surely things can’t get any worse?
Ahahahaha. Let’s go find out.